The Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians was organized in Omaha, Nebraska in 1894 as the "Daughters of Erin."
The Organization pledged itself to God and Country. In 1906 at the National Convention of the Order at
Saratoga Springs the Ladies received permission from the National Chaplain (Archbishop Farley of New York)
and the National President of the AOH to function as a separate organization. The name was changed to "Ladies
Auxiliary to the Ancient Order of Hibernians in America." In 1984 at the National Constitution Convention of
the Order held in Albany, NY, the Ladies voted to change their name to "The Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians."
We are always looking for new members.